- Visitors to our website (a "Visitor"),
- Individuals seeking employment at Canvas (a "Job Seeker"),
- Candidates who create a Canvas account (a "Member"), either directly on the Canvas website or after being referred to Canvas..
- Users of our mobile applications.
- Event attendees.
- People who choose to allow Canvas to send them communications, including email subscriptions.
Canvas is dedicated to protecting the privacy and security of your Personal Data and to monitoring governance regulations. We are committed to performing our responsibilities regarding the collection, processing, utilization and retention of in-scope data in accordance with applicable data privacy laws such as GDPR and CCPA. Theis data is only used for legitimate and lawful purposes, and residents of California may find more information in the Notice to California Residents.
2. Personal Data We Collect
a. Personal Data that we collect about you.
You may choose to share different types of Personal Data with us when you use our Platform.
- We collect your full name, email address, and account log-in credentials when you create a Canvas account.
- We collect your full name, job title, company name, telephone number, and email address when you complete a form on our website to receive a product demo.
- We collect your full name, email address and other application data such as your resume when you apply for a job at Canvas.
- We collect information you add to your profile, such as: your resume, social media links, personal biographical details and comments you post in group chats or bulletin boards.
- When you respond to Canvas emails or surveys we collect your email address, name and any other information you choose to include in the body of your email or responses. If you contact us by phone, we will collect the phone number you use to call us.
You may also choose to submit information to us via other methods, including: (i) in response to marketing or other communications, (ii) through social media or online forums, (iii) through participation in an offer, program or promotion, (iv) in connection with an actual or potential business relationship with us, or (v) by giving us your business card or contact details at trade shows or other events.
b. Information that we collect automatically on our Sites.
- Browser and device data, such as IP address, location, device type, operating system and Internet browser type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, plug-ins, add-ons and the language version of the Sites you are visiting.
- Usage data, such as time spent on the websites, pages visited, links clicked, language preferences, and the pages that led or referred you to our websites.
We also collect information about your online activities on websites and connected devices over time and across third-party websites, devices, apps and other online features and services. We use Google Analytics on our websites to help us analyze your use of our websites and diagnose technical issues.
c. Collection of Sensitive Personal Data
You may choose to enhance your Canvas Member profile with information that could be categorized as “sensitive”, depending on where you live. For example, we ask you to self identify your race and ethnicity when you create your Canvas account. You do not have to provide this information in order to have a Member profile on Canvas, but providing this information can help you to get more from our services, including helping Employers utilizing our services to find you. It’s your choice whether to provide this sensitive information, and if you do, we request that you please be mindful that it will become a part of your Canvas profile.
d. Information Provided to us by Employers
3. How We Use Personal Data
a. Our products and services.
We use your Personal Data compliantly. We use Personal Data to facilitate the business relationships we have with Members and to pursue our legitimate business interests. For example:
- We use Personal Data to provide the Canvas services to you, including when we create and manage your Canvas account or share your profile with an Employer who uses the Canvas platform for recruiting activities.
- We may use Personal Data to comply with a regulatory or other legal request.
- We may use Personal Data for our business, such as when we respond to customer support inquiries, to improve our services, to develop new services, and to conduct general analysis related to activities such as security, decision making, administrative, and reporting.
b. Marketing and events-related communications.
We may send you email marketing communications about Canvas products and services, invite you to participate in our events or surveys, or otherwise communicate with you for marketing purposes, provided that we do so in accordance with the consent requirements that are imposed by applicable law. For example, when we collect your business contact details through our participation at trade shows or other events, we may use the information to follow-up with you regarding an event, send you information that you have requested on our products and services and, with your permission, include you on our marketing information campaigns.
We do not share, rent or sell Member Personal Data for interest-based advertising.
4. How We Disclose Personal Data.
Canvas does not sell or rent Personal Data to marketers or unaffiliated third parties. We share your Personal Data with trusted entities, as outlined below.
a. Service providers.
We share Personal Data with a limited number of our service providers. We have service providers that provide services on our behalf, such as website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, email delivery, and auditing services. These service providers may need to access Personal Data to perform their services. We authorize such service providers to use or disclose the Personal Data only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We require such service providers to contractually commit to protect the security and confidentiality of Personal Data they process on our behalf.
b. Business partners.
We share Personal Data with business partners when this is necessary to provide our services to you.
We share Personal Data with Employers who use the Canvas services for recruiting activities.
d. Corporate transactions.
e. Legal compliance and harm prevention.
We share Personal Data as we believe necessary: (i) to comply with applicable law; (ii) to enforce our contractual rights; (iii) to protect the rights, privacy, safety and property of Canvas, you or others; and (iv) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence.
5. Your Rights and Choices.
You have choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Data:
a. You may opt out of receiving electronic communications from us.
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may opt-out via the unsubscribe link included in such emails. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages that are required to provide you with our services.
b. You may view or change your account Personal Data.
If you would like to review, correct, or update Personal Data that you have previously disclosed to us, you may do so by signing in to your Canvas account and accessing your profile dashboard, or by contacting us at [email protected]
c. Your data protection rights.
Depending on your location and the law there, you may have the following rights with regard to your Personal Data:
- The right to request confirmation of whether Canvas processes Personal Data relating to you, and if so, to request a copy of that Personal Data;
- The right to request that Canvas rectifies or updates your Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated;
- The right to request that Canvas erase your Personal Data in certain circumstances provided by law;
- The right to request that Canvas restrict the use of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as while Canvas considers another request that you have submitted (including a request that Canvas make an update to your Personal Data);
- The right to request that we export to another company, where technically feasible, your Personal Data that we hold in order to provide services to you; and
- Where the processing of your Personal Data is based on your previously given consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You may also have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data on grounds relating to your particular situation.
In general, you may log into your Canvas account in order to: (i) obtain a copy of your Personal Data, or (ii) rectify, edit or update your Personal Data. You may have your Personal Data about your Canvas Account removed from our database by logging into your account, navigating to the Settings section, and clicking on “Delete Account”. This will remove your profile from the Canvas Platform within 30 days after that request is initiated. Please contact Canvas as described in the Contact Us section below with other questions or for more information about your rights. If you are an Applicant of an Employer, please contact the Employer directly with questions about your rights with respect to your information.
6. Security and Retention.
We make reasonable efforts to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk associated with the processing of Personal Data. We maintain organizational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect Personal Data within our organization against unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration or misuse. Canvas uses role-based access control to limit personnel access to your Personal Data to those requiring it to perform their duties as required to deliver the services. Please contact us immediately at [email protected] if you have reason to believe that your account has been compromised.
In general, we retain your Personal Data as long as you remain a Member. We may retain Personal Data after we stop providing services to you, even if you close your Canvas account, in order to comply with our legal obligations. We may also retain Personal Data to comply with our tax, accounting, and financial reporting obligations. Where we retain data, we do so in accordance with any limitation periods and records retention obligations that are imposed by applicable law.
7. International Data Transfers.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the UK or Switzerland, we comply with applicable laws to provide an adequate level of data protection for the transfer of your Personal Data to the US. We use EU Standard Contractual Clauses with a data recipient outside the EEA or the UK where applicable law requires us to ensure that an international data transfer is governed by a data transfer mechanism.
8. Notice to California Residents
This section provides additional details about the personal information we collect about California consumers as well as the rights of California consumers under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
a. How We Collect, Use, and Disclose your Personal Information.
b. Your CCPA Rights and Choices.
As a California consumer and subject to certain limitations under the CCPA, you have choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information:
- Exercising the right to know. You may request, up to twice in a 12-month period, the following information about the personal information we have collected about you during the past 12 months:
- the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which we collected the personal information;
- the business or commercial purpose for which we collected the personal information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we shared the personal information; and
- the categories of personal information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed that information for a business purpose.
- Exercising the right to delete. You may request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you, subject to certain limitations under applicable law.
- Exercising the right to opt-out from a sale. You may request to opt-out of any “sale” of your personal information that may take place. As described in Advertising, we do not use, share, rent or sell the Personal Data of our Members for interest-based advertising. We do not sell or rent the Personal Data of our Employers or Applicants.
- Non-discrimination. The CCPA provides that you may not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
To submit a request to exercise any of the rights described above, you may contact Canvas at [email protected]. We may need to verify your identity before responding to your request, such as verifying that the email address from which you send the request matches your email address that we have on file. If you are an Applicant of an Employer, please direct your requests directly to the Employer with whom you shared your personal information.
9. Use by Minors.
The Platform is not intended for use by individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that they not provide Personal Data through the Platform.
11. Contact Us
2450 Colorado Ave.
Santa Monica, CA 90404